I got to see the Green Monster at Fenway park. The red sox lost 3-5 vs. the
Angels. Getting home from the ballpark was fun. We didn't have to walk all the way home cuz there was a person who rode us there on a bike, who drives
in the street. And, we weren't on the bike. He pulls something and you can
sit in it. 4 people can fit. My dad and my mom sat down and we sat on top of
them.
We went to the Freedom Trail. We walked most of it until we got to the last
thing on it. We saw all of it really. We even saw the USS Constitution. That
was fun. I didn't really like Paul Revere's house. We drove to Bunker Hill
and I walked up all of the steps and back down. I walked up 500 steps in
that. There's 294 each, 498, and then I walked up two steps on the top.
That's 500. Bunker Hill is fun cuz I took lots of pictures and I don't know
why they have lots of gold domes for some reason. (Rion loves seeing state
capital buildings. He knows that they often have gold domes. All of the old
buildings in Boston, with the gold domes, confused him.)
I went to Mike's Pastry. It's a place in Boston. It's good because my mom
let me have a strawberry cannoli with chocolate chips. And, then we went
back to Mike's Pastry again and had something else the day after. We got the
mint chocolate chip one and it's good. And, I ate it in the USA's oldest
bar. I never knew it was their oldest bar. It actually doesn't look old. I
got to go inside the Old North Church. I don't know why they don't have the
lanterns on it anymore. There was lanterns by the top of it. It's One if by
land, two if by sea. If the British were coming they'd put the lanterns on,
one by land and two by sea. That means they'd put one lantern on if they
were coming by land. If they were coming by sea they'd put two lanterns up.
- Rion



At Boston, we went onto the Freedom Trail it was where all of this old stuff
was, like Old North Church and Paul Revere's house, Bunker Hill, USS
Constitution and lots of other stuff. My favorite thing to see would have be
the place where the Boston massacre was. There was this guy acting it out.
He was like, "We aren't afraid of no British". He was hilarious. So, after
we did a few more stuff, we went to the Union Oyster House. It was the
oldest restaurant ever in America. At the Union Oyster house I had lobster
and I tried my dad's Boston cream pie, but that was pretty much it. The next
day we did the Freedom Trail again. This time we saw the Old North Church,
Paul Revere's house, and the USS Constitution and Bunker Hill. After we saw
Paul Revere's house, we went back into our car and drove to Bunker Hill. But
on the way to our car dad stopped at the oldest bar in America. And, I don't
know why we were seeing all of the oldest stuff on earth. The pub was called
Hand in the Bell. And, dad had pumpkin UFO, I got lemonade, my brother got
lemonade and I have no idea what mom got. We were also eating a chocolate
mint cannoli and we got a red velvet cheesecake. I think my favorite thing
in Mass and RI would have to be Boston because there was just so much stuff
to see.
My favorite part of Boston was actually going to Fenway Park. It's the
oldest baseball stadium in America. At Fenway park, I was cheering for the
Red Sox but they lost unfortunately to the Angels, 5-3. One of the Angels
hitters hit an out of the park homer over the Green Monster. Now that's
really good. The Green Monster is the tallest left field wall in all
ballparks. But, high fly balls that would be usually an out in other
stadiums go over the Green Monster since it's so close to home plate. We
also, after the game, we were walking back and then me and Rion saw these
banners that said all of the Hall of Famers on the Red Sox including Cy
Young, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, and Carl Yastrzemski. After that, we went
back to our hotel and had a good night's rest. The other day we did all of
that stuff and we went home. The end. - Owen






No comments:
Post a Comment