Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Owen Day

My first boss had a tradition of having one father-son day a year where the
child got to choose everything they did, just the two of them. I stole the
idea from him and love having the one-on-one time. Owen had lots of ideas
and was very specific with the schedule. Early in the morning he woke me up
mad that I wasn't ready because it was 15 minutes until he wanted to be at
the restaurant for breakfast. I was wasting his time! He only had 11 hours
and needed every minute. It was a great, non-stop day with him! And, since
Owen and I were gone, Mike had Dad and Rion night. - N

I went to see Ice Age Continental Drift. That was it. See ya! - Rion
On Owen day we started out going to Pulp Kitchen. At Pulp Kitchen I got
s'mores pancakes. That was for breakfast. After that we went to Barnes and
Noble where me and Mom bought a few books. And then, after that, we went to
Enchanted Castle. At Enchanted Castle me and Mom got a lot of tickets, close
to like 750 or something. I got 350 of the tickets by getting 110 from
blackjack and 120 from the coin flip thing. And Mom got like half of the
stuff. Mom got like 400 and I got like 350. Me and Mom also did air hockey,
which Mom won. We also did mini golf and we did bumper cars and go carts. In
the go carts, I beat Mom. After Enchanted Castle we went to Wheaton Studio
Movie Grill. There, I got a hamburger for lunch which came with fries. This
is how it works. There is this red button in your seat because there is like
this table thing. And, when you click the button a waitress comes to take
your order. Like I said, I got the burger and the fries. I also got a frozen
hot chocolate. It tastes like a milk shake. At Studio Movie Grill I was
watching the Amazing Spider Man. It was good. Also, after that I went to
batting cages. The batting cages were like really low so I had to take big
upper cuts. I hit a few. They were pretty good hits, but I fouled off a lot.
After that we went to Portillo's. I got a hot dog and Mom got a salad. After
that, we went home. The end. - Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment