Saturday, July 7, 2012

Baseball



















I played t-ball. It was fun because I always, I got most people out in a
game. I got lots of people out. I liked my team because my friend was on it.
I was on the Riverdogs. The same exact team that my brother was on, but not
the same people. And, I ran down a line for my thing, for my trophy. My
trophy was a baseball person, like Owen's when he was a kid. When he was in
t-ball. I hit a ball super, super far. I hit it like a grand slam (swinging
motion). Smacks it way farther out of left field! Home-run! I hit it like a
home run. It was t-ball and coach pitch. I like the coach pitch better
because I've been hitting the coach pitch balls farther and I was hitting
them down the third base line and I was always getting safe at first. I
always got a home run. It was funny. It always came in left field. It was
far. It hit the net. It hit the tippy top. He almost caught that ball but he
missed. It was high up in the air. My dad gave me a pop up before. I may
have catched it. I forget if I caught it. - Rion
Rion had a great first year of t-ball. We were a little worried how he'd
deal with the slow play in the field, but he loved it and stayed focused. He
was a great player and even got to play up on Owen's team for a few games.
During one, he even had a RBI. - N


My baseball season, my team was a really good team. I was an all-star. And,
my best inning of the all-star game would have to be the 1st inning when I
was catching, I would have to say. The rest of my season was really good
too. I had 24 doubles, 3 triples, but no home runs, which is really
surprising. I had 3 unassisted double plays and I almost turned a double
play with my friend Bennett. My favorite position to play was, hmm, that's
hard. I would have to say shortstop. Me and my friend Bennett, when he was
on 2nd, and the other all-star, Max, was on 1st, almost turned 5 double
plays but every single time the person on 2nd made it before the flip to 2nd
or the person running to 1st made it before the throw to 1st. We almost made
it once, the umpire had a bad call. I would have to say that my best hit
would have to be, we were playing the A's. I knocked one right up the
middle, it was a high fly ball. It went over the pitcher's head, over the
2nd baseman's head, and over the center fielder's head. The center fielder
was jugging to get it. When I was rounding 3rd and heading home. Right when
I hit ½ way, the ball landed in the infield right when I was in the middle
but my 3rd base coach said I had to go back. I learned not to get frustrated
or it's going to let your whole team down. Once we found out who the
all-stars were, I just couldn't act that way. The end. – Owen
Another great year for Owen. He made the all-star team for the first time
and started to show more leadership on the field. - N

No comments:

Post a Comment