One day in Portland - Great food at a few breweries, Voodoo Donuts, and a
waffle sandwich food truck. We spent most of the time at OMSI, the OregonMuseum of Science and Industry. I had to drag all three boys out of it. It
had a history of video game exhibit, with over 150 games on display for you
to play. We all had fun in that section. Rion was excited to tour a real
submarine, until he realized that it wasn't going to go under the water and
take him for a ride. The submarine and blimp rides are still on his wish
list! Their favorite section was the hands-on portion, where they were able
to build towers that could sustain the earthquake, experiment with pulleys
and gears, shoot rockets and balls, and race paddle boats. We also visited
Powell Books, which was so big it was a little overwhelming, but it would be
great to live near. Owen loved it! - N

I went to Voodoo Donuts. It was SO good. And, I traded my voodoo guy for my
dad's donut and it was little and I ate most of the voodoo guy. And, there
was Captain Crunch on my dad's donut. He let me have it. I love Captain
Crunch. It's a kind of cereal. I ate some of it but I didn't eat all of it.
After that we went to a place where a waffle stand is in a food truck. And
the guy was from Chicago. We went to a bookstore. We went to a museum and we
went in a submarine! But, it didn't go under water. It used to go under
water but the farther you go down the littler it gets. I listened to that
guy. And, we got to turn the controls. And, I asked the guy, who was our
guy, I asked him what the wheels do up on the top. He didn't know and he
just turned one and I don't know what it did. (Rion was listening! We
learned how a submarine is compressed as it goes deeper in the water. He had
lots of questions and wanted to understand how things worked on-board. The
most exciting thing for him was to learn that submarines have ice cream
machines!) So, I got to play. I did a boat race with me and my dad and he
always tried to beat me but he didn't. His boat was very slow. My boat was
slow but then it went fast. I was going to trade with my dad but I didn't.
And, it was so funny because I kept on beating all of the races. Ha! My dad
thought he was going to win, but we was always a loser and I kept on beating
everyone. The motor was spinning very slow and then very, very fast, like a
beyblade when you spin it with your thing. It starts fast, and then goes
slower, and slower, and slower. It's like that, but the opposite. (As
always, Rion's luck held out and he won all of the races. This kid wins
almost every game he plays, even when he doesn't cheat.) - RiSt


In Portland we went to Voodoo Donuts. At Voodoo Donuts I got a voodoo man. A
voodoo man is a guy that has a pretzel sticked into his body. It was super,
duper, woopher, hooper, good. It was like the best place ever in Portland.
And, we went to this place called Powell Books. It was the biggest bookstore
in the whole wide world because it was a whole block. And, we went to this
place where me and Rion got to drink root beer. It was the best day ever. At
the museum we got to go to this game place that had 180 games. It was the
best museum ever. So, that's it. - Owen

No comments:
Post a Comment