Sunday, June 12, 2011

Morton Arboretum

It was our annual trip to the Morton Arboretum Children's Garden. Every year
we say we should go more often but never seem to make it back. This year it
was just the boys and I while Mike was golfing. It was a beautiful day -
sunny and in the low 70's. - N

I went to the arboretum and it was so fun cuz we got to see tadpoles and we
got to play and we sawed the beaver house. My brother told me that. And, we
got to go high up in a tree house but it wasn't real. And we needed to find
lots of stuff: a nest, an owl, a raccoon, and that's it. - RiStuffleb

When we went to the arboretum it was spectacular. We got to see tadpoles
with legs and ones with no legs. At the tadpole pond I caught lots of
tadpoles, like 15 or 20. I had lots of them. Rion caught like 16 or 17.
After that we went to the tree climber. Rion got to go all over the woods.
There was a rope spider web that you got to climb on. I got a rug burn from
that. I put my knee down when I was trying to climb through. It fell and
skinned my knee on the rope. It hurt really, really bad. That's pretty much
how you get a rug rope burn. After that, we went to a tree house. We had to
find a spruce tree bark, a pinecone, a skunk, a cardinal, an owl, and a
squirrel, and a nest. We didn't find them all. The ones we didn't find were
the skunk and the spruce tree bark. That's the day at the arboretum. - Owen
Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment