Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Blizzard of 2011

Mommy: Why are we all home today?
Owen: Because no school. Rion why is there no school?
Rion: Cuz there was a blizzard last night and this morning the teachers couldn't get to school. None of them were there that's why closed my school and then I got to stay home.
Owen: Rion, can I go sledding?
Rion: No.
Owen: Last night there was a huge blizzard. It first started when we got to Rion's school. We were walking in the snow. I had my head down so the snow wouldn't hit me. Last night dad shoveled the driveway, but after that, the snow was still there because of the storm.
Rion: And now he's shoveling in the morning.
Owen: February 2nd, 2011. Done.
Mommy: What is a blizzard?
Rion: It is snow that falls down hard. That what a blizzard is.
Mommy: How much snow did we get?
Rion: 18 inches.
Mommy: Close. Daddy says 20.2 inches but much more in some spots on our driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment