Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brookfield Zoo RunRun

At the Zoo RunRun, I overlapped my dad because he told me to stop and I was
like "No Way Jose!". Dad, he was running and then my friend Bennett, he goes
to my school, we were running ahead of everybody. Nobody saw the arrow where
we were supposed to go. Me and Bennett saw it and then we ran through it.
The people saw us go through it and then they followed us. This girl passed
me and I was like, "I'm going to pass you back". In my brain I was saying
that. And, I passed her and I like followed everybody and I went to the 5K
run and I passed some people on the 5K run. It was hard to pass those guys.
They were going fast. At the end of the race, I didn't even know where Dad
was because I went so fast. And, it was hard. I want to do the 5K after this
race because you get something on your foot. It's like a big strip on your
foot and you have to run pretty fast doing it cuz I did really good at this
and I think I was first in my age cuz I was doing pretty good. - Owen

Mike and Owen ran their first 3K today. Well, we think they ran 3K. The
course wasn't well marked, so we're not sure if they followed the correct
path. Whatever distance they went, Owen was able to run the whole thing and
finished well ahead of Mike and his friend's family. Mike finished in 21
minutes, so we think Owen finished somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes. He's
excited to try the 5K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving, and then a timed race
with a chip. He wants to know exactly how fast he's going. Not at all
competitive, that one. - N

No comments:

Post a Comment