Thursday, January 20, 2011

January Charity

One of my goals for this year is to reinforce with the kids the importance of giving to others. They love to help others when it’s my money, but we also want them to learn to give. We’ve decided that each month we’ll pick a different group and then find a way to help them. Rion got to go first. He chose to help sick kids in the hospital. Ace was collecting items for CMN, so it worked out great. I read him the list of items that they were requesting, thinking he’d pick the toys, but he wanted to buy toiletries. They also each chose a Christmas present and donated it to the kids. - N

I wanted to help other people and they are sick in the hospital. And, I got them toothbrushes, shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, I got them toys, got them shower soap, I got em playdoh and we got ten of everything, but not ten of everything. We got one of the playdoh. We gave them Lego Star Wars ships. Owen gave them Lego motorcycles. We put them in my mom’s work. Done. – Rion Stufflebeam

No comments:

Post a Comment