We are home this year for Thanksgiving, so we decided to cook a traditional meal, but we each got to choose a dish. Mike picked sweet potato casserole. Rion picked chocolate covered bacon. Owen picked turkey and frozen hot chocolate, and I picked lemon pie. We added dressing, green bean casserole, cranberries, beer bread, and pumpkin pie to round out the meal. It is all very yummy! - N
I like Thanksgiving because you get to spend time with your family and watch football games after you eat lunch. And for Thanksgiving I made a candle and a turkey so mom could light it while we are eating dinner. This Thanksgiving everyone got to choose something to eat. I chose turkey and frozen hot chocolate. The turkey was really good. I LOVE THANKSGIVING! – Owen
I like Thanksgiving because we love turkeys the best. I wanted to see a real turkey. There was only one real turkey. They were so big. One of them were bigger than me. Two were smaller than me. One was the smallest. The end. – Rion Stufflebeam
Since Owen wanted a cooked turkey, Rion decided that he wanted to see a live turkey. Did you know that zoos don’t have turkeys and the farms are mostly closed this time of year? I called 5 zoos, multiple farms, and searched the internet before finding a Hibbard Road Gardens in Winnetka that brings in turkeys each year. Rion made the trip to see turkeys. It took us 30 some minutes to drive up there for 30 seconds of turkey watching, but he was pleased. By that point, the turkey hunt had made us hungry, so we stopped for mac-n and gelato. How can you go wrong with that? - N
No comments:
Post a Comment