A day in our life? I had an hour of sleep, was up at 12:00 am and into work by 12:30 (before Mike even went to bed). Work has been crazy, but hopefully, this is one of the last steps and things will slow down! Home by 6:30am, I grabbed an hour of sleep before Owen’s 1st soccer game of the season. He played great, scoring the first two goals for his team. He’s becoming great on offense, but really loves defense. He’s also becoming a very fast runner. It’s amazing to see how much better he’s gotten, even since the fall. From there, I took him to a friend’s birthday party and ran some errands, while Mike took Rion to Brookfield zoo for the first time this year. He misses “his” animals so much during the winter (Do not tell him that zoos are open when it’s cold!). And, he especially misses the two elephants they’ve lost in the past year. Brookfield acquired a new elephant, but he only saw it once in the fall so he hasn’t quite “bonded” with it yet. At the party with Owen I talked to another parent and decided to register Rion for Biddy Baseball, which started in a ½ hour. He had a great practice, but did get in trouble for not listening. The coach talked to him, and I was proud that he went back out on the field and participated. I think this coach will be good for him. Now, it’s 3:30 and we’re back home. We all missed nap time, so it will be an early bed time. I can’t wait! But, I also can’t complain. It’s a beautiful spring day in Chicagoland, with the sun shining and a cool, breeze! Tomorrow we’re off to brunch (Shaw’s – yummy – sushi and oysters, along with carmelized bacon!) and another birthday party with friends from college. Hopefully, we’ll also get the taxes and birthday thank you’s started. We are a little/lot behind in 2010! – Natalie – PS – I’ve had 2 hours of sleep in the past 32 hours, yet I’m blogging. Where is Mike?
Today I went to the zoo. Today Owen went to Jackie’s party. We got to see reptiles, elephants, there is only one elephant and he was like waving his trunk. He was like dancing. Who’s the new animal? We ate a lunch snack and that’s it. I’m playing t-ball. And then I got sweaty, so I was taking a break for a drink. We were throwing the ball. I was batting and then I was catching. I was running on the t’s, those orange things. Running on those mats. It was fun. I liked it. - Rion
I went to a soccer game. I shot two goals, but the other team only shot one goal. Our team won. We shot six goals. The other team only shot one. I had fun. I went to Jackie’s birthday party. It was really fun because we got to watch Zoom. Zoom could run faster than a bullet. And the bullet could go 50 miles per hour! Jackie had cupcakes and we got to eat ice cream and cupcakes. The cupcakes and ice cream were really yummy. And, I enjoyed watching the movie at her birthday party! – Owen
No comments:
Post a Comment