Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Future Careers

I was in a meeting yesterday and we were discussing how we'd like our children to find jobs that they truly enjoy. I actually do enjoy my job, maybe not the hours right now, but I do enjoy the work and think it's important that you want to go to work. So, on this morning's ride to daycare I asked the boys what they wanted to be when they grew up, since it tends to change daily. Today, Rion wants to be a firefighter pilot and a "TV fixer" when there are no fires. His definition of a "TV fixer" is someone who sells you a new TV when yours is broken. Apparently, Mike is influencing him a little too much. I tried to explain that TV's could actually be fixed, rather than just buying a new one, but he looked at me like I was crazy! Owen wants to work at Legoland in California. He's not sure what he wants to do, but is thinking about giving food to people. I mentioned that he could be a designer (doesn't hurt to shoot a little higher), which he'll think about. He also mentioned that he should probably live in San Diego if he worked there. Or, maybe he's assuming his pilot brother will fly him back and forth to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment